- 2 lbs Fresh figs , stems removed
- 8 slices Bacon , pork, cut into thirds
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wrap each fig with a piece of bacon and place on prepared pan. Secure the bacon with a toothpick if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Stir, until sugar dissolves. Pour soy-sauce mixture over figs. Bake until bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes.
- If fresh figs are not in season, use dried ones
- Maple syrup or honey makes a great accompaniment
- Alternatively, use hickory-smoked or pepper bacon
- These make a wonderful addition to a cheese board and pair especially well with blue and goat cheese