- 8 cups Eggplant , coarsely chopped
- 4 cups Red bell peppers , coarsely chopped
- 4 cups Yellow onion , chopped
- 1 cup Tomatoes , chopped
- 1 rib Celery , chopped into thin pieces
- 1 cup Capers, large
- 3 sprigs Basil , torn
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- To taste Salt
- ½ cup Apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp Brown sugar, light
- Arrange all the vegetables in a large baking dish and top with capers, basil, olive oil and salt.
- Bake in oven at 180°C/350°Ff or 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and add apple cider vinegar and brown sugar. Stir and cook for another 30 minutes. Once cooked, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Alternatively, you can substitute capers with sliced, green olives (pitted)