- ¼ cup Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 ¼ lbs Salmon, fillet, skin-on
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Shallot
- ¼ cup Dill , fresh
- ¼ cup Parlsey , preferably flat-leaf
- 1 lemon Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 lemon Lemon , wedges
- Preheat oven to 120°C / 250°F. Pour olive oil into a small baking pan and lay the piece of salmon, skin-side down in the oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In a food processor, blend shallot, dill, parsley and lemon zest. Add olive oil and blend again. Spread herb paste over the entire piece of salmon.
- Bake salmon until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 25 minutes. Gently slide a spatula under the fish and transfer to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut fillet into four equal pieces. Serve with lemon wedges.
- If you do not own a food processor, you can chop the shallot and herbs finely by hand
- Baking time depends on thickness of the salmon fillets
- If desired, you can remove the salmon skin before serving
- Serve as is, or with rice or salad