- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups MIlk , whole, heated
- To taste Salt
- To taste White pepper , freshly ground
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles, about 2 minutes.
- Add the hot milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Lower the heat, and cook, stirring for about 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Additionally, add a pinch of freshly ground nutmeg in step 3