- 1 tbsp Neutral oil
- 1 lb Beef, ground
- 1 large onion Yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pepper Green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ½ tbsp Chili powder
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz can Tomatoes , diced
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- ½ tsp Cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 15 oz can Kidney beans, drained
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Crumble the beef into the skillet and then add onion and bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the beef is no longer pink, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add chili powder, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, and thyme. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for about 1½ to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add water or stock if chili gets too dry.
- Add kidney beans to the chili and heat through. Serve.
If you want a spicier chili, add 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and minced)
There will be leftover chili which you can easily freeze
You can garnish your chili with a dollop of sour cream and/or grated cheddar cheese