BLACKENING SPICE MIXTURE
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Black pepper , freshly ground
- 1 tsp Oregano , dried
- 1 tsp Thyme , dried
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Paprika , smoked
- ¼ tsp Cayenne , pepper
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 ½ lbs Chicken breast , boneless and skinless
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 ½ lbs Green beans , trimmed
- 2 cloves Garlic , minced
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, black pepper, oregano, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Dredge each chicken breast into the melted butter, then coat all sides with prepared blackening mixture. Repeat until all chicken is dredged and coated.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in each chicken breast and cook until the outside turns a golden-brown color, about 5 minutes per side.
- Once both sides are blackened, place skillet into oven and cook until internal temperature reaches 75°C / 165°F, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In another large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook, stirring often, until beans are blistering and browning in areas, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add water and cover. Cook, covered, until the beans are bright green and crisp tender, about 2 additional minutes. Serve chicken, alongside beans.
- If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you will need to transfer the chicken to a baking dish after blackening it in the skillet
- Alternatively, this chicken makes a great salad or pasta topper