- 1 lb Penne pasta
- for pasta water Salt
BROCCOLI AND LEMON
- 1 lb Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup Broccoli, stems peeled and sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lemon Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook until pasta is just before al dente and broccoli is bright green, about 3 minutes more. Drain, then add pasta and broccoli back to pot.
- Stir in garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve, topped with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Any short pasta noodle will work
- Add chicken or shrimp if you desire