For pasta water
Penne pasta (or from Pantry Essentials)
450 g / 1 lb
Broccoli, cut into florets
Broccoli, stems peeled and sliced
Olive oil, extra virgin
70 mL / ⅓ cup
30 mL / 2 tbsp
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook until pasta is just before al dente and broccoli is bright green, about 3 minutes more. Drain, then add pasta and broccoli back to pot.
- Stir in garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve, topped with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Any short pasta noodle will work
- Add chicken or shrimp if you desire