- 2 tbsp Water
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- ½ lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined (42/50 count)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 shallot Shallot, chopped
- 1 cup Orzo
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups Stock , chicken or vegetable
- 4 cups Spinach
- For garnish Parsley, chopped
- In a saucepan, heat water over low heat. Slowly incorporate butter. Whisk together to ensure that water and butter combine and don’t separate.
- Add lemon zest and thyme and stir. Add shrimps and poach until they are opaque and pink, about 8 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside. Discard thyme.
- In the same saucepan, over low heat, add garlic, shallots and orzo. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Add stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is al dente, about 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Divide spinach and orzo evenly among 4 bowls. Top with shrimps and garnish with parsley.
- Alternatively, you can use smaller sized shrimp