- for pasta water Salt
- ¾ lb Spaghetti pasta
- 1 ½ cups Pasta water, reserved
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 ½ cups Grana Padano cheese, grated
- ⅔ cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- for garnish Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until a few minutes before al dente. Drain, reserving 1½ cups pasta water.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add black pepper and cook, swirling pan, until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add spaghetti and butter.
- Reduce heat to low and add Grana Padano cheese, tossing until melted.
- Remove pan from heat. Add Pecorino, stirring until cheese melts and sauce coats the spaghetti. The pasta should be al dente.
- Serve pasta with additional Grana Padano cheese.
- Add more pasta water if sauce seems dry
- You can use only Grana Padano cheese if you wish
- You can substitute Parmesan cheese for Grana Padano
- Use any long pasta noodle you wish