- 1 tbsp Neutral oil
- 1 ½ lb Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 6 fillets Anchovy, fillets
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- To taste Salt
- 2 yolks Egg yolk
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Neutral oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups Croutons
- For garnish Lemon wedges
- For garnish Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, heat neutral oil over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts until an internal temperature of 74°C / 165°F is reached, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet, let it rest.
- On a cutting board, place anchovy fillets, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste.
- In a large bowl, add the anchovy paste. Whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
- Constantly whisking, gradually add in neutral oil until dressing is thick and glossy. Whisk in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce and croutons. Toss with dressing. Divide salad evenly among four plates and garnish with lemon wedges and additional Parmesan cheese.
- Slice chicken into 635 cm / ¼” thick slices and evenly distribute over salads.
- Anchovy paste can be substituted for fresh anchovies
- Do not make dressing ahead of time or store any leftovers, due to raw egg
- Use entire romaine leaves, including the crunchy part, to provide structure
- Shave Parmesan cheese with a vegetable peeler for a more appealing aesthetic
- Add bacon if desired