- 1 cup Sugar , white
- ⅓ cup Water
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Butter, salted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, add sugar and shake it so it lies in an even, flat layer.
- Add water. Place pot over medium heat and cook until sugar dissolves and turns clear, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Continue to cook the caramel until it turns amber colored, about 10 minutes.
- Turn heat off. Add heavy cream and butter. Stir until caramel smooths out.
- Add vanilla extract. Let sauce cool to room temperature. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate.