- 2 heads Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika, sweet
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash cauliflower heads, trim the outer leaves and remove core. Slice into thick slices (you should be able to get three cauliflower steaks out of each head).
- Brush both sides of the steaks with olive oil. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake until browned and fork-tender, about 15 additional minutes.
- Add other spices if you wish
- Additionally, sprinkle with gruyere cheese during last 10 minutes of baking if desired