Romaine lettuce, chopped
Grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
Olive oil, extra virgin
50 mL / ¼ cup
White wine vinegar
25 mL / 2 tbsp
Black pepper, freshly ground
Cheddar cheese, grated
230 g / 8 oz
Flour tortilla, 15 cm / 6” diameter
60 mL / 4 tbsp
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, salt and black pepper until mixed. Set both bowls aside.
- Spread ⅛ of cheese evenly over half of one tortilla, leaving a 1.5 cm / ½“ border. Fold tortilla over and seal edges by pressing down firmly. Repeat with remaining cheese and tortillas.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Working in batches, add two folded tortillas and cook, swirling them around, until golden brown and puffy on first side, about 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, flip quesadillas, season with salt, and continue cooking until golden brown and puffy on second side, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer quesadillas to a paper towel to drain. Cook remaining quesadillas by repeating steps 4 and 5.
- Toss salad with dressing. Cut quesadillas into triangles and top with salsa. Serve with salad.
- Add any additional fillings that you wish, including chicken, corn or black beans
- You can also garnish quesadillas with sliced green onion or cilantro