Chicken, thighs, bone-in & skin-on
900 g / 2 lb
Black pepper, freshly ground
Olive oil, extra virgin
60 mL / ¼ cup
Yellow onion, cut into half-moons
Red bell pepper, sliced into strips
130 mL / 1 cup
Tomatoes, diced, canned
800 g / 28 oz
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F.
- Season chicken evenly with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle all-purpose flour over chicken, turning to coat it.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and sear until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and repeat on second side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Drain about half of the oil from the skillet you just used. Add yellow onion and red bell pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, thyme, oregano, white wine, tomatoes and capers.
- Add chicken back into the skillet, skin side up, and cook in preheated oven until an internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F is reached, about 25 minutes. Serve.
Alternatively, you can serve chicken with pasta or mashed potatoes
Alternatively, you can use skinless thighs or chicken breasts but cooking times will vary
Mushrooms make a nice addition