- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Sugar, white
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lb Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Neutral oil
- 4 large Eggs
- ½ lb Bacon
- 1 head Romaine lettuce , torn
- 6 Tomato , plum, quartered
- 1 cup Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Avocado , sliced
- In a bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, yellow onion, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until seared on the first side, about 3 to 4 minutes, then flip. Cover with a lid to allow chicken to cook through, about another 8 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F. Remove from pan and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place eggs in the bottom of a saucepan. Fill pan with cold water, just enough to cover eggs. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Cover with a lid and remove from heat. Set a timer for 10 minutes (hard boiled).
- Transfer eggs to a large bowl of ice water and let cool for 10 minutes. Deshell eggs, rinse and pat dry. Cut eggs into quarters and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon over medium-low heat, flipping once, until bacon is evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain fat and set bacon aside.
- Cut chicken into slices. Cut bacon into 2 ½ cm / 1” pieces.
- Arrange lettuce on a large platter. On top of lettuce, place small piles of the chicken, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado. Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve family style or divide evenly among four bowls.
Radish makes a great addition
If you cannot romaine lettuce, use Bibb
Cook eggs to your preference. For runnier eggs, boil for approx. 8 minutes. For harder boiled, about 12 minutes