- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 onion Yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp Mustard seed
- 2 cups Orzo pasta
- 1 14 oz can Tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups Stock, chicken or vegetable
- 1 14 oz can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Dill, chopped
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add mustard seeds. Cook until mustard seeds begin to pop, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in orzo, tomatoes, stock and chickpeas. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened and orzo is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in dill, salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve.
- Remember that feta is salty so you may wish to use less, depending on your preference
- Garnish with additional dill if desired