- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 lbs Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper , freshly ground
- 3 cups Mushrooms, cremini, sliced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup White wine
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 cups Spinach , fresh
- 2 tbsp Parsley , chopped
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and add to skillet. Cook until golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 230°C / 450°F, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Add butter and garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, less than a minute. Stir in all-purpose flour and cook for an additional minute.
- Add white wine to skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook until wine is reduced by half, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and cook until sauce slightly thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Add spinach to skillet and simmer until it has wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir mushrooms back into sauce.
- Place chicken breasts back into skillet and spoon the sauce over top. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- You can add other ingredients if you wish, such as tomatoes, red onion or zucchini
- You can substitute mozzarella or asiago for Parmesan cheese
- You can substitute chicken stock for wine
- The cooking time for chicken breasts will depend on the thickness
- Alternatively, you can use frozen spinach
- If desired, serve with pasta, rice or a green salad