- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- ¾ lb Chicken, breast, skinless/boneless
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce, torn
- ½ cup Cucumber , sliced
- ½ cup Carrot, grated
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Celery , diced
- 1 tbsp Parsley , chopped
- ⅔ tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 slices Bread, freshly sliced
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until seared on the first side, about 3 to 4 minutes, then flip. Cover with a lid to allow chicken to cook through, about another 8 to 10 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F. Place in refrigerator to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and black pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, add lettuce, cucumber and carrots. Toss until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Chop cooled, cooked chicken into cubes. In a large bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, celery, parsley, lemon juice, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
- Assemble chicken sandwich filling on bread.
- Gradually toss dressing with salad until you reach desired consistency. Serve with sandwiches.
- Alternatively, you can serve your chicken salad on a toasted hotdog bun or roll
- Alternatively, you can use turkey instead of chicken
- Add any additional produce to salad that you desire