- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 large Carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 stalk Celery , chopped
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper , freshly ground
- 3 Garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 ½ lb Chicken breast , boneless and skinless
- 3 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 1 Bay leaf
- ¾ lb Baby potatoes , quartered
- 3 cups Stock , chicken or vegetable
- For garnish Parsley , chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots and celery. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and stir until vegetables are coated. Then add chicken, thyme, bay leaf, potatoes, and stock. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a medium bowl. Using two forks, shred chicken into small pieces and return to pot. Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Alternatively, you can substitute carrot with peas
- You can use chicken legs or thighs but be aware that cooking times will vary