Shrimp, medium, peeled and deveined
450 g / 1 lb
Olive oil, extra virgin
30 mL / 2 tbsp
Black pepper, freshly ground
Romaine lettuce, cut into 8 “cups”
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, cumin, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Marinate in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Spoon a portion of the shrimp into a lettuce cup. Add avocado. Garnish with cilantro. Serve.
- Add any other vegetables to the wraps that you wish
- Garnish with sour cream or yogurt if you desire
- Alternatively, you can use Boston bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- Alternatively, substitute shrimp for ground chicken, turkey, pork, or tofu