- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 lbs Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 Tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1 cup Bread crumbs , preferably Panko
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 leaves Basil , torn
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- Turn broiler to high. Spread olive oil on a baking sheet and place under broiler.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 2 cutlets for each breast. Press down on each with your hand to flatten.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Place chicken on the sheet and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Top with tomatoes.
- Broil on one side only, until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Once chicken reaches an internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F, remove from oven. Top with basil and sprinkle with bread crumb and cheese mixture. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Return to broiler. Cook until bread crumbs and cheese are browned and bubbly, about 2 to 4 minutes. Serve.
- Serve with pasta or salad if desired
- You can substitute Grana Padano cheese for Parmesan