- 2 cups Neutral oil
- 1 cup Bread crumbs, preferably Panko
- 1 cup Coconut, shredded, unsweetened
- 1 lb Shrimp, medium, peeled, deveined
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs and shredded coconut; set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and black pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge shrimp in the flour, dip into the eggs, then dredge in the coconut mixture, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add shrimp to the skillet and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with sweet chili sauce, if desired.