- 3 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 medium Leek , rinsed and thinly sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup White wine , dry
- 1 lb Fingerling potatoes , unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 6 cups Stock, chicken or vegetable
- 1 tsp Salt
- To taste Black pepper , freshly ground
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Fresh dill , coarsely chopped
- In a large heavy pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the leek and garlic, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in ¼ cup white wine and cook, stirring frequently, until almost completely evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stock, salt, and black pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium. Using a potato masher, gently break up some of the potatoes to achieve a thicker consistency.
- Stir in the heavy cream and peas, and cook until the peas are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the pot from heat and mix in Worcestershire sauce and dill.
- To serve, ladle the chowder into bowls and top with dill sprigs.
- Alternatively, you can substitute Worcestershire sauce with soy sauce
- Garnish with scallions, if preferred