- For pasta water Salt
- ¾ lb Penne pasta
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Stock, chicken or vegetable
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Sun-dried tomatoes, in olive oil, drained/chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp Oregano, dried
- ¼ tsp Basil , dried
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper , freshly ground
- For garnish Parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat, cook pasta noodles to al dente and drain water. Return noodles to pot.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in all-purpose flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in stock and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes and continue to cook until slightly thickened, about 1 additional minute. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in pasta and combine well. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- You can use any short pasta noodle you wish
- Additionally, you can add chicken or sausage
- Add additional vegetables if desired