- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 ½ lbs Chicken breast, boneless/skinless, sliced lengthwise
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Stock, chicken or vegetable
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- 2 tsp Basil , dried
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups Spinach , chopped
- 2 cups Tomato , preferably cherry, halved
- For garnish Parsley, chopped
- In a shallow bowl, combine all-purpose flour, salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Dredge the chicken cutlets in the flour mixture.
- Once the oil is hot, cook the cutlets in skillet for about 2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Transfer cutlets to a large plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add stock and stir so that any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet are released.
- Stir in cream, basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes, and simmer until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, ensuring that it is mostly covered by the sauce. Cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F, about 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- You can serve with pasta noodles if you wish
- Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese if desired