- 8 large Eggs
- For boiling Water
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dill, minced
- 2 tbsp Chives, minced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper , freshly ground
- Add eggs to a large pot or saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from water and let cool.
- Peel and chop the eggs. Add them to a medium mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, dill, chives, mustard, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Spread on your favorite bread.
- Rye bread pairs very well with egg salad
- Additionally, add a couple of pinches of sweet paprika to the mixture
- Alternatively, you can substitute green onion for the chives