- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oilve oil , extra virgin
- ½ cup Shallot , chopped
- 6 cups Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- For water Salt
- 1 lb Farfalle pasta
- 5 tbsp White wine
- ⅔ cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Thyme , fresh
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper , freshly ground
- For garnish Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Parsley , chopped
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and shallot. Cook until soft and transparent, about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for about 8 more minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add farfalle pasta and cook until a few minutes before al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Add white wine to mushrooms and deglaze the pan. Reduce wine by half. Pour in cream and thyme and bring to a boil. Season with salt and black pepper. Reduce sauce until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Toss pasta with sauce, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Serve.
- A blend of shitake, oyster and cremini mushrooms will add even more flavor
- Add grilled chicken if you wish
- Any short pasta noodle will work
- Dry white wine works best