MUSHROOMS AND PASTA
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ cup Shallot, chopped
- 6 cups Mushrooms, shiitake, sliced
- For pasta water Salt
- 1 lb Farfalle pasta
- ¼ cup White wine
- ⅔ cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Thyme, fresh, de-stemmed
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- To taste Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and shallot. Cook until soft and transparent, about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for about 8 more minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until a few minutes before al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Add white wine to the mushrooms and deglaze the pan. Reduce the wine by half. Pour in the cream and thyme and bring to a boil. Season sauce with salt and black pepper. Reduce sauce until thick.
- Remove from heat. Toss pasta with sauce, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Serve.
- A blend of shitake, oyster and cremini mushrooms will add even more flavor
- Add grilled chicken if you wish
- Dry white wine works best