- For pasta Salt
- 1 lb Fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup Pasta water, reserved
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- For garnish Parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook fettuccine, stirring occasionally, until just before al dente (a minute less than the package directions). Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain remaining water.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat cream and butter until bubbling. Whisk in Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper. Allow sauce to simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked fettuccine and toss to coat. Add more pasta water (gradually) if needed. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- You can use any long pasta noodle
- You can use Grana Padano and/or Pecorino cheese instead of Parmesan
- Add a grilled chicken breast or shrimp if you desire
- Garlic bread makes a great accompaniment