- 1 lb Green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Almonds, raw, sliced
- 2 Shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 lemon Lemon zest
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the green beans, stirring occasionally, until they are crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat until lightly bubbling. Add almonds and sauté, stirring frequently, until they are starting to turn golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add shallots and garlic. Sauté until fragrant and lightly caramelized, about another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the blanched green beans from the boiling water to the skillet. Sauté briefly, tossing the beans with the almond mixture until evenly combined and beans are tender. Add lemon zest and lemon juice and toss again. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve.
- It is best to use French green beans (haricots vert)