- 4 Avocado , ripe, halved and pitted
- ½ cup White onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro , chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp Lime juice
- ¼ tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a mixing bowl, discarding any bruised, browned areas.
- Using a fork, mash avocado until it reaches your desired texture.
- Promptly add onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, coriander, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt and lime juice, if needed.
- Leave seeds in jalapeño for added spice
- Garnish with crumbled cotija or feta cheese if desired
- Alternatively, you can use red onion