- ¼ cup Honey
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Water
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 lb Asparagus , trimmed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 ½ lbs Salmon fillet , boneless, skin-on
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lime juice, Dijon mustard and water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Add garlic and cook for about one minute, but do not brown. Add asparagus, and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In another skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook salmon fillets until golden and just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Distribute salmon on 4 plates.
- Add honey glaze from step 1 to skillet and simmer until warmed through, about 1 minute. Pour glaze over salmon.
- Serve asparagus evenly on plates alongside salmon.
- Alternatively, you can use skinless salmon
- Diced green onion is an optional garnish for salmon