- 2 lbs Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 3 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 cups Broccoli , cut into florets
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 clove Garlic , minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp Parsley , diced
- For garnish Lemon , wedges
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F. Pound chicken breasts with a mallet or hammer to even out thickness. Place in gallon size resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag, removing excess air. Rub marinade around to coat. Transfer to refrigerator and let rest for at least 15 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss broccoli with olive oil, garlic and salt. Spread onto baking sheet in an even layer.
- Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to remaining space around broccoli on baking sheet. Roast in oven until broccoli is browned in spots and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle broccoli with Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle chicken with parsley. Serve, garnished with lemon wedges.
You can substitute chicken breasts for thighs but the cooking time will increase so check temperature closely
You may wish to garnish with additional salt, depending on your preferences