- 1 ½ lbs Chicken breast , boneless and skinless
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- To taste Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- ¼ cup Yellow onion , finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic , minced
LEMON DILL SAUCE
- 1 cup Stock , chicken or vegetable
- 2 tsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Dill , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, about 3 min per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining olive oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min. In a small bowl, whisk broth, flour, dill and lemon juice then add to pan. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 3 min.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 min. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Season sauce with salt and black pepper and spoon over the chicken. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Chicken is fully cooked when an internal temperature reads 75°C/165°F