- 4 lbs Lobster, cooked
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Celery, chopped
- ½ tsp Lemon zest
- ½ tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Chives, chopped
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 Hot dog buns, split top
- 2 leaves Lettuce, preferably iceberg
- Remove the meat from lobster shells. Chop lobster meat. Transfer to a bowl and chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery, lemon zest, lemon juice and chives. Add the lobster meat and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Brush the outside of the hot dog buns with melted butter.
- Toast the buns until slightly golden, about 1 minute per side. Place one lettuce leaf in each bun. Divide lobster salad evenly among buns. Serve.
- Alternatively, you can buy live lobsters and steam them
- Additionally, you can add celery salt and diced onion