- 1 lb Salmon , fillet, skin-on
- ¼ cup Salt
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- To taste Herbs, dried (i.e. dill, parsley)
- Rinse salmon and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine salt, sugar, black pepper and herbs (if using) and rub seasoning all over the salmon.
- Place salmon skin-side down on a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap salmon tightly in it and place it in a container that has a lid. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- After 2 to 3 days, rinse salmon under cold water. Thinly slice salmon. Serve immediately. Bagels and cream cheese make great accompaniments.
- Capers and red onion also make good accompaniments