- 6 cups Stock, beef
- 1 Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 rib Celery , thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Barley
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- For garnish Parsley, chopped
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, combine stock with carrot, celery, onion, mushrooms and barley. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover partially and cook over low heat until barley and vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes. Season again with salt and black pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with parsley and serve.
- Use a blend of cremini and shiitake mushrooms for added flavor