Bacon, sliced and cut into strips
Yellow onion, diced
Potato, Yukon Gold, peeled and diced
350 g / 12 oz
710 mL / 3 cups
Black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large pot, sauté bacon in the butter on medium heat until bacon is cooked, but not crisp. Add flour and onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add potato, corn, milk, salt, black pepper, and stir. Bring to a gentle simmer, reduce heat to low and cook, occasionally stirring, until potatoes and onions are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer half the chowder into a blender and blend into a fine puree. Add back into the pot with the un-blended mixture. Serve.
- Garnish with parsley if you wish
- Alternatively, use frozen corn
- Add a pinch or two of cayenne if you like spice
- There might be leftovers, which will freeze well