- 2 lb Potato, chopped, preferably Yukon Gold
- 3 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 5 lb Pork chops, bone-in
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper , freshly ground
- 4 sprigs Rosemary, sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add potatoes to the sheet. Coat with olive oil. Add salt, black pepper and combine.
- Put potatoes to the oven and roast until golden brown and crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and black pepper.
- Add pork chops to skillet and sear for about 3 minutes, then flip. Add rosemary sprigs to skillet, then transfer to oven and cook until meat reaches an internal temperature of 63°C / 145°F, about 6 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of your pork chop). Discard rosemary.
- Serve pork chops with roasted potatoes.
- Yukon Gold potatoes and baby red varieties work well for roasting
- Make sure the roasting pan isn’t crowded (to ensure potatoes roast instead of steaming)
- Feel free to add chopped rosemary to the potatoes before roasting
- When selecting pork chops, choose ones with a thick fat cap, as these will provide more flavor
- You can use boneless or bone-in pork chops for this recipe