- ½ cup Pine nuts
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 6 cups Basil
- ¾ cup Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pine nuts on baking sheet and bake, tossing halfway through, until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Transfer pine nuts to a food processor. Add Parmesan cheese and garlic and pulse until finely ground, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add basil and olive oil and continue to post until pesto is mostly smooth, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
- Alternatively, you can use a mortar and pestle instead of a food processor