- 2 lbs Potato, Russet or other starchy variety
- 8 cups Water, ice cold temperature
- 1 ½ tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp Celery salt
- 1 ½ tsp Black pepper , freshly ground
- For frying Oil , peanut or sunflower
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water and salt. Soak for 30 mins.
- Drain potatoes; place on paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, celery salt and black pepper; set aside.
- In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat about 2.5 cm / 1” of oil to 190°C / 375°F. Fry potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 3 to 4 mins, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container.
- Add any other seasonings you wish