POTATO SPINACH TACOS
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 1 small White onion , finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 2 large Potatoes , preferably Yukon Gold, cubed
- 1 lb Spinach
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 12 units Corn tortilla, warmed
- For garnish Red onion , sliced
- 1 unit Lime, wedges
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil. Once warm, add onion and season with salt. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add potatoes, mix well, and cook until fork-tender.
- Gradually add spinach, stirring to combine. Cook until just wilted. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place potato mixture into tortillas. Garnish with red onion and lime wedge.
- It is very important that the potatoes are well salted
- It is important to warm corn tortillas before serving. Alternatively, you can use flour tortillas
- If needed, add a small amount of water to skillet in step 2, to prevent potatoes from sticking
- Optional: garnish with fresh crumbled queso fresco, salsa, black beans and/or shredded cabbage