- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 onion Yellow onion, quartered
- 4 Red bell pepper, destemmed, cut in half
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- For pasta water Salt
- ¾ lb Penne pasta
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup Milk, whole
- For garnish Parsley , minced
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place garlic, yellow onion and red bell peppers on sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until peppers and onions are lightly charred, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow peppers to cool until comfortable enough to peel the skins off and discard them.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until just before al dente and drain.
- In a large skillet, add the pureed sauce and cook over medium-high heat, until bubbling. Season with salt and black pepper. Add milk and whisk to combine.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss to combine. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Alternatively, you can buy a 15 oz can of roasted red peppers
To help loosen skin of roasted red peppers, you can place them in a paper bag or covered glass container to steam for 10 minutes
Additionally, you can garnish pasta with grated Parmesan cheese