- 2 lbs Chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper , freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 8 Shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp Rosemary , chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic , minced
- ¾ cup Stock , chicken or vegetable
- 1 ½ cups Green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 245°C / 475°F.
- Season chicken with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides (10 to 12 minutes total). Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook shallots over medium heat, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add rosemary, garlic, and stock and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up. Transfer to oven and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate, leaving sauce.
- Place skillet with sauce over medium-high. Add beans and remaining salt and black pepper. Simmer until sauce is thickened and beans are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter.
- Serve chicken with beans and sauce.
- If you can find pre-peeled shallots, you’ll save quite a bit of extra prep time
- This dinner pairs well with crusty bread