- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 lemon Lemon zest
- 3 tbsp Orange juice
- 1 orange Orange zest
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 orange Orange (preferably Navel)
- 1 grapefruit Ruby red grapefruit
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 2 lbs Chicken thigh, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 8 shallots Shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp Rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Stock, chicken or vegetable
- Preheat oven to 245°C / 475°F.
- Combine zest and juice from lemon with the zest and juice from orange.
- Whisk in the Dijon mustard and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from orange and grapefruit. Cut between the membranes to release the segments.
- In a large bowl, toss Romaine lettuce with parsley and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and ￼black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides (10-12 minutes total). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook shallots over medium heat, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add rosemary, garlic, and stock and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up. Transfer to oven and roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dress the salad with vinaigrette. Add the citrus segments to the greens and combine.
- Serve salad with chicken.
- Alternatively, you can use chicken breasts but they will take longer to cook. Use a thermometer to ensure internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F is reached
- Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook your chicken in batches
- If you can find pre-peeled shallots, you’ll save quite a bit of extra prep time
- You can substitute clementine for orange