- 2 lbs Chicken thigh , bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper , freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 8 Shallot , peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp Rosemary , chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Stock, chicken or vegetable
- 2 lbs Spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Yellow onion , minced
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- ½ cup Cream cheese, cut into cubes
- ½ cup Milk, whole
- To taste Nutmeg, ground
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black pepper , freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 245°C / 475°F. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides (10-12 minutes total). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook shallots over medium heat, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add rosemary, garlic, and stock and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up. Transfer to oven and roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Squeeze spinach to remove as much liquid as possible. Chop and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add onion, garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until onion softens, about 4 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and milk. Cook, stirring, until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach. Simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens, about 8-10 minutes. Season with nutmeg, salt and black pepper.
- Serve chicken with sauce and spinach.
- If you can find pre-peeled shallots, you’ll save quite a bit of extra prep time
- Alternatively, you can use chicken breasts but they will take longer to cook. Use a thermometer to ensure internal temperature of 75°C / 165°F is reached
- Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook your chicken in batches
- Grating fresh nutmeg will add more flavor