- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 cup White rice, long grain
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 cups Broccoli, florets
- ¼ lb Snow peas, strings removed
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ½ tbsp Sesame seeds
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and snow peas and boil for 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or large skillet over high heat. Add sesame oil, blanched broccoli and snow peas, yellow onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds.
- Using a fork, fluff the rice. Serve with stir fry.
- You can substitute cauliflower for broccoli if you prefer
- You can substitute red onion for yellow onion if you prefer
- Alternatively, serve over quinoa or soba noodles