Olive oil, extra virgin
30 mL / 2 tbsp
Red bell pepper, seeded and diced
Yellow onion, diced
Whole tomatoes, peeled & canned
800 g / 28 oz
Black pepper, freshly ground
Feta cheese, crumbled
120 g / 4 oz
6 large eggs
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add red bell pepper and yellow onion and cook until onion becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, chilli powder and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the tomatoes and juices into pan. Break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Season with salt and black pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in feta cheese. Using your spoon, make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- Serve with pita bread and/or avocados if desired
- Garnish with extra feta cheese if desired
- Add a dash or two of cayenne pepper if you want it spicier