- ½ lb Rice noodles
- 4 cups Boiling water
- ¼ cup Fish sauce
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp Neutral oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 onions Green onion, chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Bean sprouts
- ½ lb Shrimp, peeled & deveined (31-35)
- ½ cup Peanuts, unsalted, chopped
- for garnish Lime wedges
- for garnish Red pepper flakes
- ½ cup Bean sprouts
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over noodles and let soak until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat neutral oil over high heat. Add garlic and green onions and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Move bean sprouts and egg mixture to side of wok and add shrimp to other side. Let cook until bright pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir everything together and add sauce and rice noodles. Toss until noodles are heated through and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve, garnished with peanuts, lime wedges, red pepper flakes and bean sprouts.
- Add chicken, shrimp or tofu if desired
- You can substitute rice vinegar for lime juice
- Alternatively, you can use peanut oil
- Using a wooden spoon to stir is recommended due to high temperature (i.e silicone may melt)