- for pasta water Salt
- ¾ lb Spaghetti pasta
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive oil , extra virgin
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup White wine
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Red pepper flakes
- to taste Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 ¾ lb Shrimp , peeled and deveined (42/50 count)
- ⅓ cup Parsley , chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until a few minutes before al dente. Drain water. Set pasta aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add white wine, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Bring to a simmer and reduce wine by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to skillet and saute until pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over spaghetti.
- Pair with any long pasta noodle you wish
- You can substitute seafood or vegetable stock for the wine
- If using wine, opt for a dry varietal